Employment opportunity: Project Officer, Part Time (Apollo Bay)
The Southern Otway Landcare Network is currently seeking to recruit a Project Officer on a part time basis.
Title: Landcare Project Officer
Advertiser: Southern Otway Landcare Network (SOLN), Apollo Bay
Location: Apollo Bay, Victoria
Salary etc: 12 Month Contract Part Time (3 days a week) Salary Range $50,798 – $55,168 p.a. (pro rata) plus superannuation
SOLN is a voluntary, not for profit, community organisation with skilled staff, volunteers, over 200 members and the ability to make a difference.
Based in Southern Victoria’s iconic Otway Ranges, SOLN plays a central role in the protection and restoration of biodiversity in a flagship region – of national environmental significance.
SOLN is an umbrella organisation that unifies five Landcare groups and provides a mechanism to apply for funding from a number of different sources to support projects and staff employment.
Objective of the Role
- The Landcare Coordinator will: Work as part of a team and drive innovative decision making.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of Natural Resources Management.
- Coordinate Landcare projects, ensuring that contract timelines, delivery and expenditure are
- Develop and manage partnerships to share knowledge and encourage involvement of funding organisations, agencies (for technical advice), other community groups, networks and community members in the program of work.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Appropriate qualifications in Natural Resource Management or other relevant field.
- An understanding of land management concepts, principles and procedures relating to sustainable land management and catchment systems.
- Plant identification skills and pest plant and animal experience or knowledge.
- Project management experience in an NRM environment.
- Experience in grant writing and funding applications (desirable).
- A sound knowledge of regional, state and federal policies and investment programs as they relate to Landcare or equivalent organisations (desirable).
- Strong computer skills including experience with GIS.
- Experience with seed collection, cleaning and storage (desirable).
- Ability to work in a team that delivers a community led program.
- Chemical Handlers Training.
- Chainsaw Accreditation.
- Off road 4WD experience.
Please refer to the full Position Description:
PD Project Officer July 2016
For more information about the role please contact our Landcare Manager Libby Riches on (03) 5237 6904.
To apply, please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: ‘Application- ‘Landcare Project Officer’.
- a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (no more than 4 pages)
- your curriculum vitae, including contact details for two referees
by 9am Monday, 1st August 2016.