Job Vacancy:.4 (2 days per week) LANDCARE PEST PLANT AND ANIMAL CO-ORDINATOR
SOUTHERN OTWAY LANDCARE NETWORK
.4 (2 days per week) LANDCARE PEST PLANT AND ANIMAL CO-ORDINATOR
Location: Landcare Resource Centre, Nelson Street, Apollo Bay
Job Purpose: SOLN is a voluntary Community organisation that coordinates and facilitates the activities of its member Landcare Groups. SOLN’s aim is to facilitate practical actions for protecting and repairing our environment so that we can live, work and enjoy, a healthy, balanced landscape. The Landcare Pest Plant and Animal Co-ordinator position will promote integrated pest plant and animal management through community education and awareness programs by assisting landholders to implement best practice pest plant and animal management. This position will support the Southern Otway Landcare Network and its four landcare groups and Townies Group.
Key Selection Criteria and Responsibilities: Applicants need to respond to their ability to meet these responsibilities.
1. Develop a 5 year Pest Plant and Animal Strategic Plan for the Southern Otway Region in conjunction with potential partners with a focus on managing for biodiversity protection.
2. Assist in the implementation of the Southern Otway Landcare Network’s 5 Year Strategic
3. Manage on ground pest plant and animal works for biodiversity outcomes.
4. Deliver community education and awareness programs for the control of pest plant and
animals on private and public land.
5. Collaborate with local public and private land managers, including DPI, DSE, Parks VIC,
Colac Otway Shire and private landholders to co-ordinate integrated pest plant and animal management.
6. Seek funding opportunities to undertake integrated pest plant and animal management.
7. Respond to local pest plant and animal concerns.
8. Survey and map priority pest plants and animals in conjunction with local landcare groups.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Landcare.
- Understanding of community capacity building
- Computer skills for communications, project planning and presentations
- Communication skills, including writing and interpersonal.
- Business management skills, including project management.
- Formal qualifications or experience in natural resource management is essential and pest
plant and animal experience is desirable.
- Must have a current licence to drive in Victoria.
Conditions: This position is a one year contract with potential to extend pending funding.
Position is for 2 days per week for 52 weeks on permanent part-time basis.
Remuneration will be between $18,000-$20,600 depending on skills and experience.
Position to start in the week of 6th October.
Probationary period of 8 weeks applies.
Superannuation will apply.
Operates from the Landcare Resource Centre office in Nelson Street, Apollo Bay.
A shared vehicle is provided for work use when required.
Participation in some weekend and evening meetings and functions may be required, with equivalent time off during ordinary hours.
Reports to our Landcare Co-ordinator Team Leader and SOLN HR Committee on behalf of the Committee of Management.
Further information: Telephone enquiries to Denise Hooke, SOLN HR Chair
on 03-52376097 from 6.00pm to 10.00pm from July 26th 2008. A full position description will
be emailed to interested people considering applying.
Applications: Applications close 23rd August at 5.00pm. All applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org All applications will be acknowledged.